Thursday, December 29, 2011

(Part 1 of 2) Christmas Gift Surprise

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas holiday surrounded by your loved ones! I wanted to go back to the 23rd and tell yall briefly about my US appt! Everything went well. Yay!! We got to see peanut and it was already so cute and formed. Ahhh.. If only I could reach into the screen and hug it!! It wiggled around and was giving the nurse a hard time because she was trying to get some measurement of the heart. My child was being bad..already! =) She said baby weighed about 11 oz so that’s good. The heart chambers and brain looked good, the HB was pumping excellent. What a relief. Ultimately… that’s all you want to hear.. is that your baby is doing well! Then she had us turn our heads on the moment of truth. The moment when she was about to “go down” and see if peanut was a princess or prince. So we did and she wrote in on a card my friend made for me and we sealed it up in an envelope with a Christmas bow on it. So the 23rd.. the 24th… yea… seemed pretty long to me. lol. But finally.. Christmas came and we opened it up when we got together with my family and yup… big letters.. BOY !! We hugged, cried, laughed and just smiled the whole time. I… CAN’T…BELIEVE… THIS.. IS.. REALLY .. HAPPENING!!!!


I’M GOING TO HAVE A SON!!! < ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! >


I feel bad though... because I actually had a TIIIIINY moment of sadness (if that’s what you want to call it) because I would’ve liked to have a little girl. Only because I had been shopping for Christmas and for my baby niece and there was just soooo many cute dresses!! And I pictured my girl dressed up in a holiday dress next year. But then I snapped out of it and was like “DIANA.. SERIOUSLY?!?! ARE U SERIOUSLY SAD THAT IT’S A BOY?? YOU’VE WANTED THIS FOR A LONG TIME!! DON’T BE PICKY DAMMIT!!” =) Then I started thinking of little boys and even as I type, my heart melts and I have a huuuuuuge smile on my face. I can’t wait for my baby boy. I can’t wait for the adventures he will have with Ernest. He’s going to be sooooo loved. It’s going to be ridiculous of how much love he’s going to receive from us. =)

Names? Yes we have a name… already!! =) Butttt I won’t tell yall til he’s born. Hehehe.. JUST KIDDING. I’m always skeptical.. well I can’t really say ALWAYS because this is the first time I have a child to name. LOL. But you know how it is with names.. you say a name and wait for the reaction of the person you’re telling and sometimes it’s a good reaction.. and sometimes it’s like “blank face” LOL.. even with myself. I’m super careful with not making fun or bringing someone down because of a name they choose. Except for Mariah Carey.. now her.. I would’ve straight up told her.. what the ****?!?! Moroccan and Monroe… nicknamed.. ROC & ROE… really?!?! Really Mariah!?!?

::sigh:: to each his own, right??  

Anywho… so our baby boy’s name will be…. Dun dun dun…

MATEO ERNESTO

Ahhhhhhh… doesn’t Mateo just sound powerful?? =)  We BOTH love the name MATTHEW. And well being from a latin family and having lots of family around, we decided to cherish the name of MATTHEW in Spanish form and embrace our heritage. You know how some can be named MIGUEL and they either call him that or Michael? Well it’s the same for this. Mateo or Matthew. Whatever they wanna say. I LOVE BOTH ACTUALLY. =)

Ohhhhh but the kicker is.. ready for this??   MATTHEW means… “GIFT OF GOD”

::insert tears here:: HOW… PERFECT… IS.. THAT .. NAME?!?! I mean.. seriously… this baby to us IS a gift of God.
Ernesto is my husband’s middle name. His name is Jose Ernesto but we call him Ernest. So we went ahead and put it as our son’s middle name as well. Although…. I will NOT be calling him LIL ERNEST!!!!!! No no no no no!! lol.

::looks down at tummy:: I can’t wait to hold you Mateo ♥         


So there you have it ladies.. my latest and greatest update so far. I hit 20 weeks yesterday so I’m half way there. =) Hopefully my next 20 treat me just as great as my first.


19 weeks


XOXO to all !!

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Your lil Mateo is adorable! I love the name, it's unique and it DOES sound powerful :) My husband's name is Matthew :)

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Happy 20 weeks! and I love the Name!! Adorable little Mr. :)

Abbye said...

I am so happy for you, and I can't believe you are having a boy! That is so exciting : ) I love the creative way you came up with to find out on Christmas, so cute!! I absolutely love the name Mateo, I agree that it sounds very powerful!! I hope you have a happy new year!!

Megan said...

I can't believe you're already half baked! Congratulations on your little Mateo!

Katie said...

I just adore the name Mateo!

Megan said...

Congratulations on your little boy! I love his name :)

Mrs. E said...

Such a wonderful post! I am so happy that little Mateo (love it!!!) is doing well =) My SIL and BIL had a terrible time with people's reactions to their girl's name--I think just for that, they were kinda relieved to have a boy--so F and I decided we're keeping ours a secret. It's hard though! Sometimes I just want to blurt them out lol! Anyway, I love that you included a bit of your culture in the name. It makes it so meaningful! Happy New Year, Mama!

Babydreams2011 said...

Congrats! I love the name Mateo too!

Roberta said...

Wonderful post Diana...I hope you had a look at today's' 3D/4D pics I have posted on FB of baby Kristina Danielle :) I LOVE the name in Spanish...Kristina means "follower of God", so I liked for that reason. I wanted to be with a K because she will be 1/2 American 1/2 Italian, so...K for American, and the a at the end for Italy :) I think boy or girl is such a miracle and it doesn't really matter...I wish I can have another one one day it will be not too late and wish for a boy!!! Remember there is always a very special bound between boys and mummy...my sister had a girl first and a boy second, and with the boy..OH MY...she said they have a very special connection...so...you will see...on my side I love I am having a girl...but the most important of all is that they are perfect little creatures...have a wonderful New Year...the year we were looking for such a long time, in which both of us are going to finally have those tiny bundle of joys in our harms...and have our lives changed forever and fulfilled with such sacred Love from God!!! Love and Blessings your way as always, Roberta

Rachel said...

Oh man I am ashamed to say I lost your blog when I changed over to my new blog and for some reason I totally missed your big news (either that or I am having major pregnancy brain)! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Audrey said...

Love the name!!

beccasfamilyof5 said...

I love your name choice. As a mother to a Matthew myself I will always like it and my grandad who died earlier this year was an Ernest. So I love the names and the twist of the Spanish makes it that little more special to the pair of you. Years ago I went through a stage that if I had a baby I wanted to call it Stefanos Christos but I was only 10 at the time. :)

Leah said...

Diana - I was just checking my sites again and realized that you have finally gotten your BFP! Congrats! And boys are wonderful! my precious boy is so amazing! Good luck to you in your next 20 weeks! :)

Maria said...

DIANA!!!! i loved reading about your christmas!! so exciting and magical! and I LOVEEEEEEEE your lil' man's name!! omygosh, you don't know how much i love it!! it is beautiful and i love all the significance in the name.
AHHHHH, this just makes it even more real!! SO thrilled for you and your family!!

the u/s photo is precious!! you're halfway there, girlfriend!!
amazing, just amazing!
so much love to you all!!!!
xoxoxoxo
maria <3

Sarra said...

Yay!!! Congrats Diana! I love the name too! And I just found out I am also having a boy, yippeee! We can share pics of our little boy clothes and nurseries, hehe. So happy for you. Much love to you in 2012.

waitingforarainbow said...

What a cute idea with finding out the gender!! I seriously la la LOVE that name. It's perfect. You have a strong lil man in there, and he has a very strong name. I am oozing with happiness for you right now. I can't believe you're already half way there! Half way to your dreams coming true... your lil baby in your arms. Ohh that moment... I bet you've ran it through your head a million times! I remember when you posted about being 14 weeks, and I was like, uggh I can't wait to be there too, it seems so far away.. and wouldn't ya know it, I'm in my 14th week as we speak. Now I am daydreaming about being 20 weeks like you!!
I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, and rumor has it I *might* beable to find out the gender of the baby. I am all giddy just thinking about it!! It must feel so nice to know, and add a deeper connection to your lil one.
CONGRATS DIANA! <3

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! They make me happy. :)

 

Bun(less) in the Oven | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012